Machine Vision in European Manufacturing, a new conference organised by Imaging and Machine Vision Europe, will take place on 13-14 September at St John’s College, Cambridge, UK. The event is aimed at integrators and end users in the manufacturing sector interested in learning more about the application of machine vision – and how it can save money and improve quality.
The event will be unmissable for anyone considering the use of vision to improve their manufacturing facility – or indeed those looking to upgrade an existing system. The programme is packed full of case studies and applications, providing delegates with examples of how others have tackled their own vision-related issues – and how their systems have worked for them in the past.
As well as the comprehensive programme (see below for details of confirmed speakers to date), there will be plenty of opportunity for delegates to network informally – all in the historic surroundings of St John’s College, Cambridge.
The delegate package
We have put together an all-inclusive delegate package, so you don’t have to worry about hotels, parking or transfers from the rail station or airport.
The delegate package includes:
- Full access to all presentations throughout Thursday (all day) and Friday (morning)
- Two nights’ en suite accommodation in St John’s College, Cambridge (Wednesday 12 September, Thursday 13 September)
- Breakfast and lunch on both Thursday and Friday
- Refreshments during conference
- Free wi-fi access in conference building
- Conference dinner in St John’s College Dining Hall on Thursday evening
- Welcome drinks reception on Wednesday 12 September from 5-7pm, including punting excursions on the River Cam
- Post-event CD-Rom of all presentations (subject to speakers’ permission)
- Free downloadable Tourist Tracks MP3 walking tour of Cambridge
- Transfers from/to Cambridge Station/Stansted Airport on Wednesday 12 September/Friday 14 September (only available at certain times and must be pre-booked) or parking, as applicable
Dinner on arrival night (Wednesday) is not provided, allowing you the chance to explore Cambridge at your own pace. A series of restaurant recommendations and special offers will be available.
Our all-inclusive delegate price for this event is just £995+VAT. Partner packages, including accommodation, drinks reception and conference dinner, are available for an additional £149+VAT.
To book, visit http://www.imveurope.com/mvem%20or%20call%20+44 or call +44 1223 477411.
Delegates will gain invaluable information on the whole process of implementing a vision system, from creating the original brief, to finding an integrator, through the installation period to the operational phase. Many advantages gained from vision systems apply across many sectors, and our speakers are drawn from diverse applications in, for example, the automotive, pharmaceutical, pulp/paper, mining, glass, retail and food industries.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Three-dimensional robotic safety at DaimlerChrysler
Dr Christian Wöhler, research division, DaimlerChrysler
- Towards six sigma: how vision fosters excellence in quality management
Dr Jürgen Grotepass, Freudenberg Dichtungs und Schwingungstechnik GmbH & Co. KG
- The European machine vision industry – a partner you can trust
Gabriele Jansen, President, European Machine Vision Association
- Understanding your machine vision options
Don Braggins, Director, UK Industrial Vision Association
- Optical inspection as a process tool
Peter Grundy, engineering consultant, PG Engineering (Sussex)