At Laser World of Photonics, which took place on 26-29 June in Munich, ID Quantique (IDQ) showed its ID900 Time Controller for the first time.
The Time Controller is an all-in-one device designed for flexibility and it efficiently solves a large number of problems encountered in the laboratory. Its core consists of four high-speed (<20 ps precision, 100Mcps rate) inputs and four high-speed outputs, interconnected by reconfigurable logic. The Time Controller performs the functions of a number of devices: time-to-digital converter, coincidence counter, delay generator, pattern generator, counter and discriminator. This is complemented by a 10Gbps link to the host computer for fast data transfers, by auxiliary analogue and digital I/O for interfacing with external devices.
An advanced synchronisation circuit allows for up to 16 devices to be 'daisy-chained' for a total of 64 fast input and output channels.
Other features include:
- 1GHz counters
- Fast data transfer (100Mcps)
- Up to 64 channels
- 4 inputs and outputs interconnected through reconfigurable logic
- Intuitive graphical user interface
- Programming languages: LabView, Python, Matlab, C/C++
- High precision discriminator
- 4 input channels (-5V to 5V in 1 mV steps)
- 4 output channels (NIM + LVTTL)
- High timing resolution (20ps FWHM)
- External synchronisation