A crash course in optical systems and choosing the right elements to integrate into your application
Integration of Optical Systems: A new White Paper from Edmund Optics
This White Paper from Edmund Optics is designed to be an optical problem solving tool for optical product designers, engineers, scientists and researchers at OEMs and academic institutions looking to integrate optics into their applications.
It offers advice on determining what needs to be accomplished in order to select the right optical system, because performance requirements can differ according to type.
What this White Paper covers
- An introduction to optical systems, and the difference between imaging and non-imaging systems. It distinguishes between these two types, outlining their key performance requirements
- How to understand the required distances, sizes, numerical apertures and f-Numbers, and resolution and spot size
- The next steps once these parameters have been established
The benefits of downloading this White Paper
- Guidance on application solutions forms and the variables for the associated lenses, with real-life application examples for each of the three main solution forms
- Advice on mechanical optical integration for once the optical layout has been defined
- Learn how to quantify parameters for once the system has been assembled to make sure the application requirements have been met
The White Paper also covers the importance of tolerances in production and testing and evaluation of optical systems, with information about the impact of tolerances on yield and guidance on testing parameters.
It provides practical advice from the experts at Edmund Optics on testing optical systems with the application in mind, considering critical parameters and managing costs associated with testing.